W Grill: Hidden Margarita Heaven
HAPPY NATIONAL MARGARITA DAAAAAAY!!!!
Originally, I was going to spend my time and money visiting a handful of restaurants and give you a list of must-try margaritas. But then Mother Nature decided it would be best if she rained down on us. So, instead of giving you a list of cool beans margarita places, I’m only going to give you one.
And really, it’s the most important one.
Les Presento | Meet: W Grill Margaritas To-Go
Next to Velvet Tacos on Washington Ave., stands a little drive-thru island serving burgers and margaritas in to-go cups. Genius. They have all kinds of flavors and you can make it as strong as you'd like by adding shots, or going premium.
For those wondering how it's possible to get margaritas to go -- they place a piece of tape over the straw hole, which makes it a closed container. Ta daaaa.
And for those wondering when you would ever need a To-Go Margarita, here are a few excellent reasons:
- You really want a marg but you don't have time to stop and sit at a restaurant
- You really want a marg but your friends are too busy and you don't want to be THAT person who sits at a bar alone
- You're hosting a party and promised there would be margaritas but you ran out of time to make them
- You made your girlfriend mad, so you bought her Velvet Taco and a margarita to make it up to her
- You and your BFF's cycles have synced, so you need margaritas to go with your let's-stay-in-and-cry-at-This-is-Us night
- You're going on a picnic, or adventure, during a humid Houston day
Today I did the latter. Got my margarita to go, hit up the museum district with my buddy Michael, and took pictures in the rain. 'Twas a nice outing, and it got our minds off our stressful job search.
So now you know. There's still time for you to enjoy #NationalMargaritaDay!